vendredi 14 octobre 2011

Monkey Temple

On every mountain top around Pushkar, there is a temple. I went for a walk one morning towards a small temple to the east, and as I was walking up the stony path, dozens of monkeys came to greet me. People feed the monkeys and most of these fellows lived up at the top, near the temple. I met a baba there who told me to take my shoes off, but that I could stay as long as I wanted. It was an interesting walk and for once, I was alone except for the monkeys. That afternoon I went for a horse ride an hour before sunset and crossed through small villages, passed by fields of marigolds, saw some men out picking jasmin flowers off the trees for the local perfume market. What a shame I had forgotten my camera. Lots of pictures and fond memories of Pushkar in my heart though. It was a pleasant change from Fatehpur where you can't go out without being taunted and stared at. One gets used to it however. It will feel very strange when I go home and no-one casts a second glance. Unless I buy a sari and kill two birds with one stone: maybe people will stop looking at me here as if I were a Martian, and for sure in Cherbourg, I should be able to turn a head or two.



Posted by Picasa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire