And it's off for a day of adventure in the Thar Desert, which in my opinion, doesn't look anything like a desert after three months of monsoon. The desert was green, there were small flowering shrubs and lots of animals, including sheep, goats, camels, cows... I did see a few antilope, but they ran away as soon as I took out my camera. My young guide was called Hanuman; he did all the work, even the cooking. The older man, his uncle spoke only one word of English: "camel', but he was the owner of the dromedaries, so the boss. We stopped for lunch in the shade of a tree, under which were several dried-up camel turds, that Hanuman brushed away with a stick before placing a rug on the sand for me to rest on. He then proceeded to make a fire with brushwood between two stones and blew on the sticks to fan the flames. It was so peaceful there that I actually fell asleep while he was preparing a delicious curry of potatoes, tomatoes and onions. Natasha had provided all the food. We stopped to get goat's milk for the chai (sort of sweet , spicy tea that you drink several times a day in India.) And I will remember for a long time to come the taste of that meal, alone on my rug in the desert, surrounded by birds and humming insects.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire