samedi 15 octobre 2011

Seventh Heaven

A wonderful place to stay in Pushkar is the Seventh Heaven Inn. I had lunch in the restaurant on the sixth floor, called the "Sixth Sense". This is another haveli, but with no paintings; the walls are all white, broken only by green plants everywhere.
A great (vegetarian) lunch with a great view. If I ever go back to Pushkar, this is where I will stay.
But my thoughts now are turning more towards Bikaner, the "pearl of the desert" and my next destination.
Just one more day of work and I will be off on a new adventure. Unfortunately, I haven't forgotten how awful the government buses are and I am NOT looking forward to the bus part of the trip. With a little luck, I will manage to catch a train back to Fatehpur.
Started the weekend well with mojitos up on the roof after a particularly nice sunset. Then watched a film with Camille called Neverland. Otherwise a perfectly quiet day and still very, very hot in the Shekhawati region. I long for winter when I can complain about the cold for a change!





Posted by Picasa

2 commentaires:

  1. Great pictures!

    What are these stone people about?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Coucou, on a compris que le mélange Anglais/Indi était difficile à comprendre... comme on ne maîtrise pas l'Indi, ca risque d'être pire avec notre anglais tout seul...
    Du coup, tu ne nous en voudra pas si on reste en Français pour te faire un coucou depuis notre île tropicale de la Réunion....
    On vient juste de recevoir le lien vers ton blog.... C'est bien car on a plein de lecture à rattraper...
    très grosse bise à toi. Et comme il semble y avoir des hauts et des bas.... alors on te souhaite plein de bonnes choses pour les hauts et plein de courage pour les bas....

    RépondreSupprimer